RiderLift™ RML Rideable Material Lift
The time has come to stop climbing stairs to catch up with your cargo on a VRC. Wildeck now has your solution.
Welcome to the new and very affordable RiderLift™ RML(Rideable Material Lift) that allows authorized personnel to safely travel between levels with their material at a fraction of the cost of an elevator installation. Wildeck is one of the first material handling equipment manufacturers in the U.S. to offer a Type B Rideable Material Lift.
The new RiderLift™ RML can offer many valuable benefits for your operation:
- Increased material handling efficiency
- Saves time and increases security by having workers ride with their material
- Improves safety and reduces lost time accidents
(no carrying boxes up-or-down stairs)
- Enhances the utilization of your facility capacity
- More affordable and easier to install than a passenger or freight elevator
The RiderLift™ RML is NOT a VRC (Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor). It introduces an entirely new “RML” (Rideable Material Lift) product category to the material handling industry. VRCs are regulated by the ASME B20.1 Safety Standard for Conveyors and they do not permit riders. Wildeck’s new RiderLift™ RML Type B Material Lift is regulated under the ASME A17.1/CSA B44 Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators and allows one rider to accompany their material to the next level. However, it is not a public elevator and can only be operated by authorized personnel.
Wildeck’s RiderLift™ RML-2500 is the ideal solution to better utilize the capacity gained in your facility from mezzanines, rack systems, pick modules, and double-deck modular offices.
To learn more about Wildeck’s innovative RiderLift™ RML Type B Material Lift, contact your local Wildeck representative, or call 1-800-325-6939.
- The RiderLift™ RML-2500 is a Type B Material Lift
- Regulated under ASME A17.1 / CSA B44 “Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators”
- Access to and usage of Type B Material Lifts is restricted to authorized personnel
- Class C-3 Loading for heavy concentrations
- Cantilever design with welded heavy duty structural components for industrial applications
- Car/cab constructed with 14-gauge sheet metal, 80 inches high (6’ 8” H) per code
- Car/cab panels are removable for easy maintenance access
- “C” or “Z” Loading Patterns
- Long life LED Car/cab Lighting included (powered from main control panel)
- Car/cab wall mounted Grab Rail
- Skid resistant floor
- Paint Finish: Wildeck Gray (Standard). Purchased components painted per vendor standards
- 2-part polyurethane coating provides superior results similar to an automotive clear-coat finish
- Capacity: 2,500 lbs. (includes rider)
- Top lifting height: 14 ft. max. (Ground plus one level)
- Speed: 20 fpm (feet per minute)
- UL Listed® elevator control panel
- Control stations at floor levels, and on the carriage/car
- Constant Pressure pushbuttons (per code), with E-Stop and audible alarm
- Car/cab control station includes Up/Down buttons and an E-Stop with audible alarm
- Keyed “enable” switch on car/cab to ensure use only by authorized persons
- Optional key-locked floor level stations
- Emergency Power for car/cab lowering, and lighting
- Optional Recess for customer supplied telephone
- Permanently-mounted maintenance stand (shoring device) with E-stop
- Control system includes automatic “leveling” (anti-creep) at the upper level
- “Low Oil Level”, “High Oil Temp” protection
- “High” and “Low” oil pressure detection
- Maintenance diagnostics and fault history capabilities via PLC
- Audible Operator Alerts for “gate open” and “over capacity” conditions
Gates & Guarding
- Full lift height perimeter guarding (expanded metal in a structural frame)
- Bi-panel swing gates constructed of expanded metal in a structural frame
- Includes certified interlocks
Installation and Location
- Installation by a licensed Elevator Contractor is required by code
- Floor Edge location
- Through Floor (non-fire-rated). No fire-rated floor penetrations and no Shaft-way
- Pit mounted or floor surface mounted
- Optional ramp for surface mounted applications
- Free-standing construction available as an option
- 208/230/460 VDC, 60 Hz., 3-phase (single-phase option available). Consult factory for other power requirements.
- Control Voltage: 24 VDC
- Application-specific RiderLift®™ RML design drawings provided for approval after receipt of Purchase Order and prior to equipment manufacturing. Owner’s Manual includes installation, operation, and maintenance instructions for use by an authorized Elevator Contractor.
CSI Specifications: MSword
- Consult factory for shipment options. RiderLift™ RML sub-assemblies typically ship on a flat-bed truck for side off-loading at site.