What is ProMat?
ProMat is the largest international material handling, logistics and supply chain show and conference held in North or South America. The show brings together solution providers and manufacturing and supply chain professionals from around the world. Participants from over 140 countries attend this show to meet the industry’s most influential thought-leaders and see next-generation solutions.
The Material Handling Institute (MHI), an international trade association that has represented this industry since 1945, sponsors this biennial event. This year’s show will be held April 8-11 at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL. While there is no cost to attend, guests are required to register in advance. A link to the registration website can be found here.
Why Should You Attend ProMat 2019?
ProMat 2019 is where you will find the best practices, tools and solutions to transform your organization’s challenges into accomplishments. Outlined below are the top three benefits that attendees can expect from their participation at this year’s show.
1. Show participants can expect to experience the latest manufacturing, distribution and supply chain innovations from over 1,000 of the industry’s leading solution providers. Live product demonstrations and leading product experts will give participants insight into the new trends and technology shaping the industry in the months and years to come. This show is the ideal place to find the solution that will further differentiate your organization from the competition.
2. Four keynote speakers and 100 educational show floor seminars provide the perfect venue for attendees to learn how to tackle the latest manufacturing and supply chain challenges. Speakers will touch on a variety of topics, including: supply chain trends, best practices, emerging technology and sustainability. These educational opportunities are guaranteed to provide a wealth of knowledge. Be sure to bring a notebook with you! Merlyn Jarman, Wildeck’s Systems Integration Sales Manager, will be presenting Find and Utilizing Your Space on Tuesday April 9 at 2:15 P.M. and Thursday, April 11 at 10:30 A.M.
3. Conference attendees will have the opportunity to network with other manufacturing, distribution and supply chain professionals throughout the duration of the show. In addition to the networking that will take place on the exhibit floor and at the show’s seminars, three formal events will give participants the chance discuss the hot topics and challenges facing the industry today. A casual conversation could generate dynamic results for your company.
How Should You Prepare?
A cursory glance at the ProMat website can be a bit overwhelming, especially for first-time attendees. With over 400,000 square feet of exhibit floor to explore and over 100 educational seminars to attend, it might seem unfeasible to navigate all the possibilities this show has to offer. The following checklist provides a starting point for ensuring a successful experience.
1. Obtain Approval to Attend
While registration is free, there may be travel costs associated with attending the show (depending on where you are located). Airfare, lodging and meals are just a few incidentals that you will need to plan for. It is important to get your bosses’ approval before making the financial commitment.
2. Make Your Reservations Early
Over 45,000 manufacturing and supply chain buyers from 115 countries attend ProMat. As a result, flights and hotels sell out quickly. In addition to saving your spot, booking early ensures that you get the most competitive rate for these services.
3. Study the ProMat Website
The ProMat website is a great resource for first time attendees and old veterans. Detailed information regarding the educational seminars and exhibitors is all available there. The FAQ page offers a wealth of logistical resources for navigating and maximizing the show experience and experiencing smooth travel while in Chicago.
4. Decide What Your Biggest Need Is
Before you arrive at the show, it is important to have a goal in mind. What challenges are currently affecting your facility? Are you interested in purchasing a piece of equipment but are not sure if it is the best solution? What questions do you need answered before you can make an informed decision? Armed with this information, you can successfully accomplish step 5.
5. Make a Plan
After fixing in your mind the challenge or problem to be solved, make a list of all the vendors you want to see and seminars you want to attend that address your specific concern. Having all this information in one place will make it easy to set up a daily schedule. It is encouraged to come prepared with a list of questions you would like to ask or detailed information about the project your facility is contemplating. This type of preparatory work will help ensure you leave ProMat with a solution.
6. Just Walk
Build time into your schedule to walk the exhibit floor. While attending ProMat with a purpose will increase the likelihood of finding a solution, there is merit to exploring everything that is available. New and exciting ideas will emerge as you take the opportunity to look at all the show has to offer. Do not be afraid to engage with exhibit staff and ask questions.
Wildeck is excited to attend ProMat 2019. Located in booth S1241, our team of experts will be on hand to discuss our extensive line of material handling products. We are excited to walk you through your project’s next steps. Stay tuned for additional blog posts highlighting the specific products that will be on display in our booth. We look forward to assisting you in transforming your goals into reality.