Pallet Drop Zone Gate
Gain safe access to palletized materials at elevated levels with Wildeck’s Pallet Drop Zone (DZ) Safety Gate. When one side of the DZ gate is raised, the other closes, keeping your elevated ledge protected at all times. The DZ gate can be custom designed on all three dimensional planes to fit within rack bays and other work areas where space optimization is key.
- Transform loading areas into protected zones with a true safety gate
- Pivoting arms swing outside gate panels to maximize storage space for pallet loads
- OSHA / Cal-OSHA compliant
- Easily install onto new or existing rack uprights
- Also available as a freestanding unit (displayed right)
How it works
When one side of the Pallet Drop Zone (DZ) Gate is raised, the other closes, keeping your elevated ledge protected at all times. In contrast to similar double-sided gate designs, the DZ gate utilizes more than one pivot point on the pivoting arms. This results in vertical articulating movement that extends the swing radius of the gate arms, maximizing vertical and horizontal clearance for pallet loads. The Pallet Drop Zone Gate can be installed directly onto rack structures, or by itself as a freestanding unit bolted to the deck. All DZ gate dimensions can be custom designed, providing flexibility to fit within work areas where space is limited.
- Clearance available (standard models): 54” D x 86” H; horizontal clearances of 4 to 12 feet depending on model. Custom sizes available.
- Clear openings can be custom designed to your pallet depth, width, and load height. Single or dual pallet (double-wide) options available.
- Mounts onto most rack manufacturer’s uprights, or by itself as a freestanding unit bolted to the deck
- Optional 45-3/4” deep Drop Zone plate available for deck surface
- OSHA-required kickplate built-in
- Mesh (expanded metal) side panels provided on all gate units (can be customized to size as needed)
- OSHA / Cal-OSHA compliant
- OSHA Safety Yellow Paint Finish (standard); other standard colors available; custom RAL color available at an upcharge
Pallet Drop Zone Gate Swing Path
Arm swing above (and outside) of gate panels. The pivot point locations vary based on width and depth of gate model. Consult with a Wildeck representative for the space requirements of your model number.
*All dimensions are adjustable with custom design options
|Model # |
FS = Freestanding
RM = Rack Mounted
|Clear Width Available||Gate Depth (single pallet)||Clear Height Available||Weight|
|4 ft.||54"||86"||533 lbs.|
|5 ft.||54"||86"||551 lbs.|
|6 ft.||54"||86"||568 lbs.|
|7 ft.||54"||86"||586 lbs.|
|8 ft.||54"||86"||604 lbs.|
|9 ft.||54"||86"||621 lbs.|
|10 ft.||54"||86"||639 lbs.|
|11 ft.||54"||86"||656 lbs.|
|12 ft.||54"||86"||674 lbs.|
I wanted to make sure that we had complete protection for our exposed edges for all of our employees. We went above and beyond the OSHA requirements and installed Wildeck products that protect the exposed edges, protect our employees and provide the access we need to get materials into our bay.
- Ronald Vincze
Quality Manager, Precision Gears
Mezzanine Safety Gates
Wildeck safety gates are identified as the safest mezzanine gate options available due to their ability to secure the exposed edge along elevated pallet drop areas. When one side of a Wildeck safety gate is opened, the other closes simultaneously, ensuring that a barrier exists between personnel and the edge of the mezzanine when accessing forklift pallet loads.
Mezzanine Pallet Gates
Wildeck pallet gates for mezzanines offer an economic alternative to safety gates without sacrificing product integrity. Choose between self-closing (spring-loaded) designs for applications where pallet flow is required (see finger gate, impact gate), or manually operated gate options for daily use by personnel. Wildeck's manually operated pallet gate options are available with its patented EdgeAlert™ Open Gate Alarm system, to alert personnel when a gate has been inadvertently left open.