EdgeAlert™ Open Gate Alarm
Indicates Open Gates on Elevated Structures
Increase facility safety and avoid OSHA violations with an EdgeAlert™ Open Gate Alarm system from Wildeck. Open gates at elevated mezzanine platforms present a serious safety hazard and can result in large fines during an OSHA inspection.
- Continuously Monitors Gate Status
- Warns Personnel of Gates Inadvertently Left Open
- Reduces Workplace Accidents
- Lowers Workman’s Compensation Claims
- Avoids OSHA Open Gate Violations
- Operates by Electric or Battery Power
A Sound Safety Investment
The EdgeAlert™ signals an open gate with flashing LED lights and a highly audible alarm. The amber-colored LEDs are located on the front and back of the enclosure, providing high visibility at elevated and ground levels. When a gate is being used for daily activities, workers may choose to silence EdgeAlert™ for 120 seconds by pressing the snooze/acknowledge button. Once an open gate has been closed and secured, users can reset the EdgeAlert™ alarm by pressing “Snooze/Acknowledge”, or opt for automatic reset mode.
- Dual Channel Coded Sensor(s) Provide Added Safety
- Coded magnetic sensor(s) is tamper resistant
- Dual channel processor system is self-monitoring and will display a "fault" signal if a sensor or wiring problem is detected
- Mounts to new or existing gates
- A second magnet sensor (optional) is available for gate types that require two sensors
- U.S Patent No. 9,834,975
The EdgeAlert™ Open Gate Alarm system is a wise investment that can help you maintain a safer work environment and ensure compliance with OSHA regulations. EdgeAlert™ alarm from Wildeck – it’s a level of quality and craftsmanship you won’t find anywhere else.
- Enclosure Dimensions (Black Box): 6 ⅜" W x 10 ½” H x 2 ¾” D
- Mount Bracket Dimensions: 6 ½” W x 13 ¼” H
- Mounts onto 1 ½” OD or 1 ⅝” OD Round Pipe
- Requires Plug-in Power Supply (included) and/or (4) Alkaline “D-Cell” Batteries (not included)
- Three Sound Levels: Low, Medium, or High (75, 83, or 90 dB at a distance of 24”)
- 2 ⅜” Dia. Amber lenses for LED lights Located on front and back
- Relay Output: Single-Pole, Single-Throw, 30V 2A, 60W
I was impressed by Wildeck's commitment to safety and their proactive approach to going above and beyond OSHA standards. The cost of installing the access gats armed with EdgeAlert is low, especially when you consider your workers' safety. Plus, it lowers workman's compensation claims.
- Joe Clancy
President and Founder, American Plumbing and Heating
Mezzanine Safety Gates
Wildeck safety gates are identified as the safest mezzanine gate options available due to their ability to secure the exposed edge along elevated pallet drop areas. When one side of a Wildeck safety gate is opened, the other closes simultaneously, ensuring that a barrier exists between personnel and the edge of the mezzanine when accessing forklift pallet loads.
Mezzanine Pallet Gates
Wildeck pallet gates for mezzanines offer an economic alternative to safety gates without sacrificing product integrity. Choose between self-closing (spring-loaded) designs for applications where pallet flow is required (see finger gate, impact gate), or manually operated gate options for daily use by personnel. Wildeck's manually operated pallet gate options are available with its patented EdgeAlert™ Open Gate Alarm system, to alert personnel when a gate has been inadvertently left open.