The Project Manager – Installation directs the activities of installation services provided by Wildeck and oversees and documents all aspects of projects managed after the customer has sent approval.
Job Duties/Responsibilities (The “What”):
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure all deliverables are completed on time and within budget to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Hold hand off meetings when a new project has been approved by the customer.
- Work with customers when post-sale support issues arise to determine the best solution for the customer and lowest cost for Wildeck.
- Determine the Root Cause of all post sale support issues and provide recommendations on how to prevent the issue from happening again.
- Lead Continuous Improvement projects to correct post sale support issues as assigned.
- Prepare installation pricing for mezzanines/VRCs/guarding based on information provided from sales personnel along with project scope requirements.
- Prepare request for pricing (RFP) information to be given to installer based on project requirements. Call on installers local to the project to provide quotes.
- Find new installers and verify that they are capable of installing our equipment – especially important for VRC installers. Insure that all installers have appropriate licensing for the states in which they will be working in.
- Create necessary paperwork with installation companies to execute an installation – PO’s (purchase orders) and other paperwork for installers. Will also need to adjust PO’s as needed throughout the course of a project to reflect “extras”/back charges, etc.
- Create sales orders for quick ships when additional material is needed or missing from a project. Also create quick ships for VRC parts when a customer/supplier/installer sends in an order.
- Travel to job sites to meet with installers and review installation practices –verify that installers are installing equipment as intended per plans and specs. Approximately 10-15% travel.
- Work with accounting to process invoices from installers & bill customers throughout the life cycle of a project.
- Work with customers and/or sales people to create a detailed schedule of project dates & timelines.
- Work with sales/engineering/detailing/shop/shipping to ensure that all materials were designed & manufactured properly, labeled correctly, packaged and shipped to the job site efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Maintain monthly forecast spreadsheet to allow internal leadership to see past, current & upcoming installation projects with dollar values.
- Set up and tear down trade shows as requested
- Coordinate numerous installs at the same time
- Answer questions from installers who call in on various projects
- Suggest ways to better our products for ease of installation
- Other duties as assigned.
Leadership (The “How”):
- Lives and conducts business by a values-based “walking the talk”. Leads and maintains a high level of consistency between what is said, and what is done. Is committed to the “What” that needs to be done, and also the “How” — the manner in which it is accomplished.
- Is committed to employee engagement and fostering two-way dialogue and active communication with employee owners on all shifts. Is committed to a visible presence with all teams.
- Holds people in high regard. Gains buy-in from team members, is transparent, credible, and trustworthy. Has the courage to tell the truth, and is able to resolve conflict. Encourages skill development and learning.
- Grasps the power of Employee Ownership, and can relate positively with Employee-Owners. Is able to coach, encourage, support, teach, counsel, correct, and hold accountable.
- Committed to Lean and process improvement. Has a bias for action, is committed to Lean practice and discipline, works effectively with teams, is comfortable with data and utilizing it to influence business decisions.
- Ability to lead and influence. Leads by example and models exemplary behavior, including emotional balance and maturity. Ego is appropriately in check.
- Supports the Cultural Behaviors and understands their role in both the external competitive and internal employee-ownership arenas.
- Believes that most people want to do a good job, want to be part of a successful company, and desire to make a contribution to that success in a meaningful way. These influence how the Leader interfaces with others and approaches business challenges.
- Minimum of Associateâ€™s Degree + 5 years of relevant experience; Bachelorâ€™s Degree preferred (Ideal focus of study: Construction Management)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Construction background is a plus, e.g. Foreman, Project Coordinator, Site Superintendent
- Ability to read blueprints is critical
- Solid experience with ERP systems, Microsoft Suite including Excel and other software typical in a plant manufacturing environment AutoCAD experience and Epicor experience are both a plus
- Continuous Improvement experience is preferred, e.g. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- PMP certification is a plus
- Ability to travel about 10-15%
- Forklift certification is a plus
- Physical Requirements include: Twisting, turning, grasping, reaching, kneeling, crawling, pulling, extended periods of standing, ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Apply today by sending your resume to email@example.com
PO. Box 89
Waukesha, WI 53187
Fax: (262) 549-1937
Equal Opportunity Employer