The Project Engineer provides project management and engineering services for structural steel work platforms/structures and technical support to sales department, manufacturing and customers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities (The “What”):
- Design and check work platforms/structures for proper design and code (building) compliance to ensure a safe structure.
- Provide sketches and details as part of design process.
- Check AutoCAD approval drawings for proper design of work platforms/structures and conformance to customers’ requests.
- Modify or create AutoCAD drawings as necessary to design process.
- Review returned approval drawings from customer for any requested changes that affect design, structural integrity and cost.
- Provide detailed project information to project files.
- Discuss and coordinate projects with sales, other departments and customers.
- Complete drawing reviews and utilize checklists.
- Travel to job sites to verify existing site dimensions to ensure that work platforms/structures will fit into building properly.
- Timely inspect ready to ship materials, as assigned and complete inspection sheets.
- Coordinate purchases of special (non-standard) materials with purchasing and detailing.
- Coordinate shipping and installation of work platforms/structures with appropriate departments.
- Travel to jobsites to conduct installation inspections of work platforms/structures to drawings and provides report of installation for Professional Engineer’s seal.
- Assist quoting department with price quotes, when necessary.
- Participate in physical plant inventory.
- Answer questions and assist sales department with customer questions.
- Produce sets of calculations to obtain Professional Engineer’s seal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Leadership (The “How”):
- Lives and conducts business by a values-based “walking the talk”. Leads and maintains a high level of consistency between what is said, and what is done. Is committed to the “What” that needs to be done, and also the “How” — the manner in which it is accomplished.
- Is committed to employee engagement and fostering two-way dialogue and active communication with employee owners on all shifts. Is committed to a visible presence with all teams.
- Holds people in high regard. Gains buy-in from team members, is transparent, credible, and trustworthy. Has the courage to tell the truth, and is able to resolve conflict. Encourages skill development and learning.
- Grasps the power of Employee Ownership, and can relate positively with Employee-Owners. Is able to coach, encourage, support, teach, counsel, correct, and hold accountable.
- Committed to Lean and process improvement. Has a bias for action, is committed to Lean practice and discipline, works effectively with teams, is comfortable with data and utilizing it to influence business decisions.
- Ability to lead and influence. Leads by example and models exemplary behavior, including emotional balance and maturity. Ego is appropriately in check.
- Supports the Cultural Behaviors and understands their role in both the external competitive and internal employee-ownership arenas.
- Believes that most people want to do a good job, want to be part of a successful company, and desire to make a contribution to that success in a meaningful way. These influence how the Leader interfaces with others and approaches business challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering or related field, with an emphasis in Steel, preferred 4 years related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have valid Driver’s License
- P.E. Certification is preferred.
- Physical Requirements include: Twisting, turning, grasping, reaching, kneeling, crawling, pulling, extended periods of standing, ability to lift 25 pounds.
Apply today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PO. Box 89
Waukesha, WI 53187
Fax: (262) 549-1937
Equal Opportunity Employer