Under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor, the Painter sprays surfaces of manufactured products with protective material such as thinner based or water-based paint by performing the following duties.
Job Duties/Responsibilities (The “What”):
- Select proper color and assure that paint is properly mixed.
- Assure proper valves are correctly set for painting process.
- Operate manual paint pumps for special colors or small batch operation.
- Turn sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray.
- Pull trigger and direct spray on work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
- Clean spraying equipment with solvent.
- Maintain the paint exhaust filter system.
- Keep barrels and buckets of paint in orderly fashion, moving needed materials in and out of the paint room.
- Paint oversize material in manual spray booth, including power washing and drying.
- Follow good housekeeping practices in keeping work area clean.
- Perform assigned duties following safe manufacturing processes and conform to shop safety rules.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills as well as the ability to learn and operate in an ERP environment is required.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability of perform basic calculations using a calculator. Must be able to read and use tape measure.
- Demonstrates values of honesty and integrity, respect for others, teamwork and collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Physical requirements include: regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds when turning parts over, dependent on the part being painted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Twisting, turning, grasping, reaching, kneeling, crawling, pulling, and extended periods of standing.
- Employee must wear OSHA approved safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, and hearing protection.
- Employee must be willing to work as needed, as well as any shift.
Apply today by sending your resume to email@example.com
PO. Box 89
Waukesha, WI 53187
Fax: (262) 549-1937
Equal Opportunity Employer