Under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor, the Material Handler-Paint Line loads, unloads, packs and moves materials from or near the paint line conveyor according to established procedures.
Job Duties/Responsibilities (The “What”):
- Read work order or follow oral instructions to determine materials to be moved, or loaded, or unloaded on or near the paint line conveyor.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand.
- Convey materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Secure lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Count and record number of units of materials moved.
- Attach identifying tags to materials, labels or mark information on materials.
- Stack or assemble materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Lift heavy objects by hand or with power hoist/crane.
- Must be able to operate a fork lift and overhead hoist/crane.
- Prepare shipping documents.
- Follow good housekeeping practices in keeping work area clean.
- Perform assigned duties following safe manufacturing processes and conform to shop safety rules.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills as well as the ability to learn and operate in an ERP environment is required.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability of perform basic calculations using a calculator. Must be able to read and use tape measure.
- Demonstrates values of honesty and integrity, respect for others, teamwork and collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Physical requirements include: regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds when turning parts over, dependent on the part being painted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Twisting, turning, grasping, reaching, kneeling, crawling, pulling, and extended periods of standing.
- Employee must wear OSHA approved safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, and hearing protection.
- Employee must be willing to work as needed, as well as any shift.
Apply today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PO. Box 89
Waukesha, WI 53187
Fax: (262) 549-1937
Equal Opportunity Employer