The Estimating Design Engineer I is responsible to provide engineering services for structural steel work platforms/structures and prepare quotation documents for the Sales Department. There is direct involvement with the Sales Department to compile information used to prepare quote sheets, quantity take off of work platforms/structure components and create drawings.
Job Duties/Responsibilities (The “What”):
- Design and check work platforms/structures (both) framing and columns.
- Prepare quantity take off of work platforms/structure components.
- Prepare quote sheet.
- Compile all information and return to salesperson.
- Create CAD drawings of column layout on work platforms/structures.
- Converse with salesperson about work platform/structures design.
- Utilize and understand CAD software.
- Collaborates with peers, as well as other company leadership and team members to share and implement best practices, and to raise the overall standards of the business.
- Utilize and understand 3D structural design software such as RISA, Tekla Structural Designer, and others.
- Design framing layouts for approval drawings creation.
- Prepare calculations for Professional Engineering seal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Leadership (The “How”):
- Lives and conducts business by a values-based “walking the talk”. Leads and maintains a high level of consistency between what is said, and what is done. Is committed to the “What” that needs to be done, and also the “How” — the manner in which it is accomplished.
- Is committed to employee engagement and fostering two-way dialogue and active communication with employee owners on all shifts. Is committed to a visible presence with all teams.
- Holds people in high regard. Gains buy-in from team members, is transparent, credible, and trustworthy. Has the courage to tell the truth, and is able to resolve conflict. Encourages skill development and learning.
- Grasps the power of Employee Ownership, and can relate positively with Employee-Owners. Is able to coach, encourage, support, teach, counsel, correct, and hold accountable.
- Committed to Lean and process improvement. Has a bias for action, is committed to Lean practice and discipline, works effectively with teams, is comfortable with data and utilizing it to influence business decisions.
- Ability to lead and influence. Leads by example and models exemplary behavior, including emotional balance and maturity. Ego is appropriately in check.
- Supports the Cultural Behaviors and understands their role in both the external competitive and internal employee-ownership arenas.
- Believes that most people want to do a good job, want to be part of a successful company, and desire to make a contribution to that success in a meaningful way. These influence how the Leader interfaces with others and approaches business challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering or related field, with an emphasis in Steel, preferred and 0-2 years related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Physical Requirements include: Twisting, turning, grasping, reaching, kneeling, crawling, pulling, extended periods of standing, ability to lift 25 pounds.
Apply today by sending your resume to email@example.com
PO. Box 89
Waukesha, WI 53187
Fax: (262) 549-1937
Equal Opportunity Employer