Under the direction of the Detailing Manager, the Drafting Designer I designs new or special products and make modifications or improvements on a standard line of products. Other duties and responsibilities will be required per the Detailing Manager.
Job Duties/Responsibilities (The “What”):
- Manage projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Utilize computer aided drafting techniques to perform applicable drafting. Work from specifications as to product requirements.
- Make required calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance material selection and type of construction.
- Investigate work pertinent to the design and maintain reference criterion.
- Assist Engineer to analyze project as to manufacturing and material costs.
- Develop designs that can be produced economically to maintain or improve company’s competitive position.
- Assist with analyzing results and redesign if required.
- Detail Mezzanines with economical use of materials and ease of fabrication and installation.
- Prepare job for shop by providing cutting, punching and purchasing instructions.
- Calculate weights of job.
- Prepare installation instructions.
- Input BOM information into computer.
- Modify machine design to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Measure machine and parts during production to ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Removal of material job costing.
- Draw layout drawings on computer.
- Assist supervisor with proofing of other drafters’ projects.
Leadership (The “How”):
- Lives and conducts business by a values-based “walking the talk”. Leads and maintains a high level of consistency between what is said, and what is done. Is committed to the “What” that needs to be done, and also the “How” — the manner in which it is accomplished.
- Is committed to employee engagement and fostering two-way dialogue and active communication with employee owners on all shifts. Is committed to a visible presence with all teams.
- Grasps the power of Employee Ownership, and can relate positively with Employee-Owners. Is able to coach, encourage, support, teach, counsel, correct, and hold accountable.
- Ability to lead and influence. Leads by example and models exemplary behavior, including emotional balance and maturity. Ego is appropriately in check.
- Supports the Guiding Behaviors (Accountability, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Engagement, Ethics, Shareholder Value, and Continuous Improvement) and understands their role in both the external competitive and internal employee-ownership arenas.
- Holds people in high regard. Gains buy-in from team members, is transparent, credible, and trustworthy. Has the courage to tell the truth, and is able to resolve conflict. Encourages skill development and learning.
- Believes that most people want to do a good job, want to be part of a successful company, and desire to make a contribution to that success in a meaningful way. These influence how the Leader interfaces with others and approaches business challenges.
- Committed to Lean and process improvement. Has a bias for action, is committed to Lean practice and discipline, works effectively with teams, is comfortable with data and utilizing it to influence business decisions.
- Two-year Trade or Technical School and three years’ job related experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft software.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as basic algebraic equations and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate effectively with customers or employees of organization.
- Must speak, understand, read, and write English proficiently.
- Physical Requirements include: Twisting, turning, grasping, reaching, kneeling, crawling, pulling, extended periods of standing, ability to lift 50 pounds.
Apply today by sending your resume to email@example.com
PO. Box 89
Waukesha, WI 53187
Fax: (262) 549-1937
Equal Opportunity Employer