Hydraulic Freight Lift Configurations
The two hydraulic lift configurations, straddle and cantilever, each have their advantages. You will need to determine your necessary load capacity, frequency, and loading/unloading requirements to choose which configuration best suits your project.
Straddle Hydraulic Lift
Best suited for single-level usage (ground plus one) and lower frequency cycle rates.
The straddle configuration permits the choice of either "C" or "Z" loading/unloading patterns, providing extra flexibility to maneuver loads in the direction desired.
- Platform Sizes: Up to 8 ft. wide x 12 ft. long
- Loading / Unloading: “C” or “Z” loading patterns
- Structurally stable configuration offers reduced bracing and lower wheel loads for extended service life
- Reduces design loads and component wear
- Provides flexibility to maneuver loads
Cantilever Hydraulic Lift
Best suited for single-level usage and lower frequency cycle rates.
Choice of Loading/Unloading Patterns "C", "Z" or 90° load patterns, used for low overhead clearances and tall loads.
- Platform Sizes: Up to 8 ft. wide x 6 ft. long
- Loading / Unloading: “C,” “Z,” or 90 degree loading patterns
- Smaller equipment footprint
- Lower overall equipment height
- Freestanding models available with optional support structure
- Allows material movement with the smallest possible equipment footprint
- May be used where headroom is restricted
- Provides extra flexibility to maneuver loads